Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cross Country Update - Week 8

Darts -
It will be a very short update this weekend. There is still a lot to do to get ready for camp and my typing muscles are tired from running the marathon this morning.
1 - Send in your miles! - those going to camp - try to send them in before Sunday night (or send both weeks in when we get back).
2 - There will be no organized practice this next week. High Altitude Camp is next week. I have sent information to those of you who are going. Look for one final email this evening with important information. For those of you not going to camp, I hope that at some point in the future you will have an opportunity to go. I feel like we are bringing as many as we can this year and like those going are definitely prepared for the week because of their hard work and commitment. It is a great opportunity and a great experience, but it is only one part of your overall cross country experience. If you have not been as committed as you would like to up to this point, set some goals and work hard so that you don't miss out on some of the other cool things we will do this season.
3 - Excellent job at the Deseret News 10k this morning by those who ran. The results are not up, but when they are posted, I will put them on the blog ( www.davisxc.blogspot.com ). I am pretty sure that both our boys and our girls finished 2nd behind the Utah all-star teams (beating out the U.S. all-stars that came in on both sides). I am also pretty sure that our 'B' Teams finished in the top 5. Everyone did a great job and it was fun to be a part of. One result I do know is that Austin Neuner tore it up running 31:14. He finished 3rd overall for the high school boys. Hard work paying off for sure. I will make sure to put the other results up on the web site. I did decide to run the marathon and was happy with my 2:38 finishing time.
4 - The next organized practice will be on Monday August 2 at the vita course - 7:00am. Those not going to camp are welcome and encouraged to go up to the vita course at 7:00am this next Monday.
Keep up the great running
Coach Talley

No comments: