Saturday, July 22, 2017

DXC Summer Update #7

Darts,

I’m attaching the final set of summer workouts that will take us through our first week of school (yikes) and our first official race (yay)!

I love summer training. I love waking up early and hitting the trails when it’s not too hot. I love taking my time to get a really good quality stretch/roll/wrap routine post-run. I love cross training in the weight room and on the mountain bike. I love cooking and eating lots of good foods, etc.

BUT… racing season gets me pumped more than I can stand. To you new kids who are still undecided on whether or not you enjoy this enough to continue, once racing starts you’ll understand why so many kids obsess over cross country. It’s exciting to see the results of a summer of hard work, and I feel it’s the time the TEAM really comes together and has fun. Set some new goals (even small ones) this week and keep working. Be mentally tough and overcome any negative thoughts that will keep you from being your best. Come to TEAM workouts.

Cross Country Camp (July 31 – Aug 4) – I still haven’t received confirmation from some of you that you are attending. The waiver and money was due last week. Get it to me ASAP. Updated invite list is attached.

Dart Challenge – You should ALL be planning on racing the Dart Challenge 5k on August 12th at 8:00am. It is at Barnes Park and it is our TEAM time trial (mandatory). Let me know if you are going to be out of town. It does cost $25, but includes a tech t-shirt and breakfast. All the proceeds go to the TEAM (it's a fundraiser). www.dartchallenge5k.blogspot.com

Eligibility – I’ll send out a separate email with the details

This Week
Monday: 4-10 miles on your own or in groups (easy pace)
Tuesday: Meet at Vita at 6:30 am. Theme is face paint (paint provided)
Wednesday: 5-8 mile training run + strides
Thursday: Meet at school at 7:00 am. 2-3 x Nicholls Loop at tempo pace
Friday: Meet at Angel Street Park at 7:00 am
Saturday: 6-12 miles on your own or in groups
Sunday: Day off – send in mileage

TIP of the week: Wake up early and go somewhere new… even if you have to drive for 30 minutes. It’s refreshing to have a change of scenery. There’s a free app called Trail Forks that will show you most dirt trails. Check out Ogden, Snow Basin, Mueller Park, Salt Lake, Park City, etc. Let me know what you find.

-T

No comments: