Monday, August 17, 2026

DXC Summer Update Week 12 - August 16, 2026



Darts!
We had so many great things happen at the Dart Challenge, I can hardly contain my excitement for the season!  A couple of notable things:  Harrison Skousen ran the fastest time of any high schooler to run that course.  Isabella Cram also ran the fastest time of any high school girl.  This is incredible!  Luke Baughman ran the 10th fastest time among all Juniors. And Bevan Haycock ran the 14th fastest time ever for a Sophomore.  On the girls' side, Eliza Knechtel ran the 21st fastest time ever of any Senior.  Erin Christensen was #4 for Junior girls and Addy Loveland was #7 and Sophia Wichtoski was #22 all-time for Freshman!  (The Dart Challenge info on the blog is outdated.  I will try to get a login and update that ASAP.  I'm such a data nerd and I have so many fun data things to look at from the Dart Challenge over the years...).  Another fun fact: if you add the top 5 times on the girls' TEAM, it's the fastest 1-5 we've had since recording the Dart Challenge in 2001.  And it's the first time we've had 6 girls (Izzy, Erin, Addy, Eliza, Elise, Courtney) run 20:00 or under since 2016 when the girls placed 2nd at state.  Several of the boys were working through some things and about 6 of our top 12 weren't "racing" for various reason.  We are mostly healthy, but just making sure for a few of us. Let's never have that many unhealthy runners again though. 😅 Regardless, things are looking very good for both our girls' and boys' TEAMs! 

A HUGE shoutout to the amazing parents who put so much into this race!  It was such a classy, fun event.  From the registration table, to the signs, to the awards, to the finish balloons, to the amazing pictures that Shaunna took, it was just a very impressive event.  The one thing that could use some work...me doing the timing....I think we have some plans to make that better next year! Thank you Becca, Cassandra, Monica, Shaunna, Jennifer, Taya, Camie, Heather and many others. 🙏🙏🙏

Also, I'm ordering a few more Dart Challenge shirts.  Please let me know ASAP if you didn't receive one! 

Quick Reminders and Links:
  • Send mileage as always!!! Send them in to be included in mileage prizes!  This is what I have so far!  There will be a prize for those of you that send in every single week of mileage. PLEASE send this via email (so much easier for me to find than text) and please add up all of your mileage for me.  (With 60-80 kids on the TEAM, even a little adding takes a lot more time).  Thanks!
  • Blog - Working to Keep this updated.  Check here for any past information I've sent out!
  • Parent/Athlete Challenge - I hope to be giving away 100s of these shirts!  Let me know when you complete the challenge!  I got mine this week! (I am open to other books too.  Let me know if something should be added). This challenge can go to parents, grandparents, athletes, siblings, neighbors who love DXC—anyone. Haha. 
  • Please get Register my Athlete Completed.  It's time! This must be done to race!
  • Pay for your Warmups if you haven't already! $140 venmo to @davisrunningclub
  • For those new: join our GroupMes! 
  • Extended Camp Video from Will Trelease HERE
Hygiene 
In order to be our very very best, we need to stay healthy.  We have some sickness on the TEAM currently.  Don't share waterbottles, wash your hands all of the time, [no kissing-only kinda joking...], BE SMART! 

Athletes of the Week
  • Bevan Haycock - Bevan had an incredible race.  It's been fun to watch him learn to love running and get faster and faster!  Bevan ran over FOUR MINUTES faster than he ran last year! That's insane!  He broke 17 minutes which is a huge break-through and he's primed for a really fast and fun season!  Bevan adds so much to our TEAM and deserves this huge race!
  • Sophia Wichtoski - Sophia is one of our adorable new freshmen, and we couldn't love her more! I knew she was fast, but she surprised me with such a great performance on Saturday!  Sophia made our all-time Freshman list which is not easy to do! We're so glad she is running with us this year and can't wait to see what she does in the future!
  • Solomon Bowen - One of the strengths of our TEAM is the DEPTH on the boys' side.  Solomon had a huge  race, placing 4th overall and racing objectively faster than he's ever raced.  Solomon has put in a super solid summer of training and I think we're just scratching the surface of what he's capable of! Can't wait to see what the future holds!
  • Elise Nielson - Elise just keeps making huge jumps in her performance.  She improved in the Dart Challenge by over 2 minutes from last year! Going sub 20 for the first time is so exciting and Elise did it on a week where she didn't feel great! Our girls TEAM is looking pretty amazing and Elise is a big part of that! Love you Elise!
This week   
Tomorrow when you arrive at the track the band will be practicing!  I will have a plan to stay out of their way.  Please be respectful!  

If you aren't doing fall cross country, Tuesday will be your last day of practice!

16



Week 12

17

7:00 @ Vita

Theme: Glitter


Strides


9:00 Lifting

18


8:15pm @ Davis track 12-16 x 400 under the lights!


19

Run or cross train  on your own or in groups.


20

First Day of School

Uphill intervals @ Nicholls


Lifting

21

Pre-Race Run (Run with someone new)


Strides

22

Pre-Region

Layton Commons Park





Pre-Region
August 22nd
Layton Commons Park
8:00 JV Girls (2 miles)
8:30 JV Boys (2 miles)
9:00 Varsity Girls (3 miles)
9:30 Varsity Boys (3 miles)
Somehow I failed to put pre-region on our calendar!  I'm so sorry!  It is this Saturday at 8:00am at Layton Commons Park.  I will work on entries over the next couple of days.  You will be able to see entries HERE.  There will be 2-mile and 3-mile options.  If this race doesn't work for you, especially because it's last minute, please let me know!  I will register everyone that is on Register My Athlete.  For all races from here on out, I will be the one registering kids!

Fall Cross Country
This is my current list of who has started Register My Athlete and who has paid for warmups ($140 to @davisrunningclub venmo).  This is my list of kids for whom I ordered warm-ups.  If you aren't doing the season and you're on this list please let me know and I'll take you off.  We'll only give warmups to those competing with us in the fall--if I end up with extras, I'll save them for next year. :)

Starting Thursday August 19th we will hold practice at 3:15.  We'll meet in room 1401 every day. I have added times to our meets on our schedule below. 

Please let me know if you'd like to be removed from my email list.  I'm happy to include you even if you aren't running, but I'm also not offended if you'd like to be removed. Haha. 

Fundraiser
We have had some success from our fundraiser!  I'm so proud of you!  We are asking each athlete to reach out to at least 3 businesses (many did that at practice) and text at least 10 people.  You can have businesses fill out this sponsorship form!  Businesses can venmo @davisrunningclub or donate online HERE. We need money in both places, but probably a little more in the Davis Running club. Thank you so much! 

**TEAM pictures on August 26th have been added to the schedule!

Coach Jami



Schedule (times added)!

August 22- 8:00am Pre-Region at Layton Commons Park
August 26th - 7:00am Team Pictures @ Farmington Pond upper Parking Lot
September 4th - 9:00am Timp Invite @ Lakeside Park in Orem
September 12th - 8:00am Border Wars @ Valley Regional Park in Taylorsville
September 16th - 3:00pm District @ Layton City Park
September 25th - 3:00pm TwiKnight @ Art Dye Park in American Fork
October 12th - 3:00pm Region @ Layton City Park 
October 24th - 9:00am JV State @ Centerville
October 28th/29th - TBD State XC @ Sugarhouse Park
November 7th - 10:00am Pre-Nike 5K @ Davis High
November 19-21 - NXR @ Mesa, AZ 

Dart Challenge Results (Also found HERE)

2026 Davis Cross Country - Dart Challenge 5K
Grade20262025Improvement!
Athlete 3.073.10
Harrison SkousenSr15:305:0215:405:030:10
Luke BaughmanJr16:125:1616:355:200:23
Devin BlackSr16:235:2016:345:200:11
Solomon BowenJr16:445:27 
Bevan HaycockSo16:575:3121:086:494:11
Nathan JonesJr17:055:3317:495:440:44
Levi JackmanSr17:195:3816:555:27
Mitt OlsenJr17:285:4119:286:162:00
Andrew PoulsonSr17:465:47 
Jonas ClaySr17:475:4716:145:14
Jaden HowellSo18:205:5820:106:301:50
Hyrum ShawJr18:245:5919:596:261:35
Ben MowerSr18:366:0318:165:53
Austin WillesJr19:026:11 
Will SkousenFr19:136:15 
Josiah FrischknechtFr19:236:18 
Ben HauckFr19:266:19 
Kenyon OttesonSo20:066:32 
Preseton MontgomeryJr20:176:36 
Oliver HuntJr20:206:3721:016:460:41
Warren JenksFr20:366:42 
Noah CrandallSo21:106:53 
Luke HendersonJr21:286:59 
Parker OlsenSr21:296:5916:39 
Mason BattJr23:397:4219:286:16
Will HirstSo23:537:4619:036:08
Parker HallJr24:157:5323:057:26
Noah HauckSr24:227:5616:265:18
Maddax JolleyJr24:528:06 
Liam CaldwellFr25:348:19 
Nathan GreenSo26:208:34 
Max De LeonJr26:50  
Max BarnettJr28:239:14 
   
Isasbella CramSr17:575:5018:416:010:44
Erin ChristensenJr18:436:05 
Addy LovelandJr19:016:1120:006:270:59
Eliza KnechtelSr19:456:2621:006:461:15
Elise NielsonSr19:556:2922:187:112:23
Courtney BurbidgeSr20:006:3021:056:481:05
Abigail JohnsonSo22:107:1324:027:451:52
Anna LindsaySo22:197:16 
Katie GreenSr22:217:1624:017:441:40
Sophia WichtoskiFr22:347:21 
Addyson FuteySr22:397:2223:157:300:36
Kayla CroslandFr22:597:29 
Jocelyn MontgomeryFr23:397:42 
Sarah HarrisSo23:327:3937:009:527:05
Charlotte FrischknecthSr23:477:44 
Bella MoonSr24:117:52 
Emma Van DrimmelennFr24:428:02 
Madelyn ReynoldsJr24:528:06 
Clara AlveyFr25:068:10 
Hannah ClayFr24:548:06 
Liza AllenSo26:328:38 
Lucy DastrupFr29:33  
Sabrina OlsenSr28:34  
Lillie ChaseSo29:360:00 
Charlotte SteedJr33:24 49:00 1:25
McKenna Van LeuvenSr33:29 32:00 

No comments: