Darts -
Another great week of summer running in the books! Mutton Times were super impressive. I'm still updating the all-time list (it's not complete yet), but for those interested, here it is. Of note: Harrison Skousen ran the #2 all time fastest Mutton Bustin' time, Jonas Clay already had the #3 time and Luke Baughman ran #7 all-time. On the girls side, Isabella Clark ran the #2 fastest time, Addy Loveland #6 and Eliza Knechtel #10. We are looking good!
Heat Training
We're gonna do a couple of short heat-training days this week to get us ready for afternoon running once school starts! Heat training can be as or more beneficial than altitude training. Heat training can increase your plasma volume and oxygen carrying capacity. This is exactly what we need in distance running.
Quick Reminders and Links:
- Send mileage as always!!! Send them in to be included in mileage prizes! This is what I have so far! There will be a prize for those of you that send in every single week of mileage. PLEASE send this via email (so much easier for me to find than text) and please add up all of your mileage for me. (With 60-80 kids on the TEAM, even a little adding takes a lot more time). Thanks!
- Blog - Working to Keep this updated. Check here for any past information I've sent out!
- Parent/Athlete Challenge - I hope to be giving away 100s of these shirts! Let me know when you complete the challenge! I got mine this week! (I am open to other books too. Let me know if something should be added). This challenge can go to parents, grandparents, athletes, siblings, neighbors who love DXC—anyone. Haha.
- Please get Register my Athlete Completed. It's time! This must be done by August 13th! (This week)!
- Register for Dart Challenge!! We have a limited number of shirts and size preference will be given to those who register first! Reminder that even Davis athletes need to register for this one. Everyone in town is expected to run.
This week
Fall Cross Country
This is my current list of who has started Register My Athlete (due August 13th) and who has paid for warmups ($140 to @davisrunningclub venmo). This is my list of kids for whom I ordered warm-ups. If you aren't doing the season and you're on this list please let me know and I'll take you off. We'll only give warmups to those competing with us in the fall--if I end up with extras, I'll save them for next year. :)
Starting Thursday August 19th we will hold practice at 3:15. We'll meet in room 1401 every day. I have added times to our meets on our schedule below.
Please let me know if you'd like to be removed from my email list. I'm happy to include you even if you aren't running, but I'm also not offended if you'd like to be removed. Haha.
Fundraiser
We will hold another fundraiser similar to last year's. We'll have a practice t-shirt and banner that will feature businesses and sponsors on it. Donate HERE and send me any business logos!! We will focus our Tuesday afternoon practice on this. If you are in town, this practice is mandatory.
Dart Challenge
This is our first race and it is this week! Please register via this link! (And send to everyone you know)! This is our other fundraiser and if you're in town you're expected to run! There will be a prize for the athlete that refers the most registrants!
To help volunteer SIGN UP HERE.
Warm-Ups
If your child filled out the "warm-up" survey then I have ordered them warm-ups and they are ready to hand out! We ordered these through the Davis Running Club, so payment will go back to the Davis Running Club. The warm-up set is $140 each. You can venmo @davisrunningclub for these.
I REALLY want every athlete competing in the fall to have a set. I won't hand these out until they are paid for. Thanks! If this is hard for you, please let me know. I don't want anyone to be left out. If you are able to donate a little extra to sponsor other athletes who may need help, that is also welcome. Please just put "warm-up" in the Venmo comment section so I know where to allocate the money. I firmly believe in the "look good, feel good" philosophy. And Davis always looks SO GOOD!
I REALLY want every athlete competing in the fall to have a set. I won't hand these out until they are paid for. Thanks! If this is hard for you, please let me know. I don't want anyone to be left out. If you are able to donate a little extra to sponsor other athletes who may need help, that is also welcome. Please just put "warm-up" in the Venmo comment section so I know where to allocate the money. I firmly believe in the "look good, feel good" philosophy. And Davis always looks SO GOOD! See you all at Vita tomorrow!
Coach Jami
Schedule (times added)!
August 11th 3:00pm - Mandatory Fundraiser Practice
Auust 15th - 8:00am Dart Challenge 5K Fundraiser @ Barnes Park
September 4th - 9:00am Timp Invite @ Lakeside Park in Orem
September 12th - 8:00am Border Wars @ Valley Regional Park in Taylorsville
September 16th - 3:00pm District @ Layton City Park
September 25th - 3:00pm TwiKnight @ Art Dye Park in American Fork
October 12th - 3:00pm Region @ Layton City Park
October 24th - 9:00am JV State @ Centerville
October 28th/29th - TBD State XC @ Sugarhouse Park
November 7th - 10:00am Pre-Nike 5K @ Davis High
November 19-21 - NXR @ Mesa, AZ

No comments:
Post a Comment