Darts-
This email will be pretty short because we have camp tomorrow and I still have much to do!! If you can't make it to camp, we will miss you! Please please please still get your mileage in and hopefully plan to make it next year! (We typically hold camp the week after the 24th).
Those of you that competed in the Des News races did amazing! So proud of you! Special shout-out to Izzy Clark in the 1/2 marathon!
One more quick shoutout to our AMAZING parents and coaching staff. I have had several moments this year, where someone is doing something that I have historically done and I have felt SO GRATEFUL. Thank you so much for helping take some of the load off! Particularly thankful for food help for camp, the Dart Challenge, and Coach Camie's help with the Quest Run this week! 





Quick Reminders:
- Send mileage!!! Send them in to be included in mileage prizes! This is what I have so far! There will be a prize for those of you that send in every single week of mileage.
- Gear Sizes - If you are doing Cross Country in the fall and haven't yet, PLEASE fill this out.
- Blog - Working to Keep this updated. Check here for any past information I've sent out!
- Parent/Athlete Challenge - I hope to be giving away 100s of these shirts! Let me know when you complete the challenge! I got mine this week! (I am open to other books too. Let me know if something should be added). This challenge can go to parents, grandparents, athletes, siblings, neighbors who love DXC—anyone. Haha.
- Please start getting Register my Athlete Completed
- If you're going to camp, join the camp GROUPME.
Dart Challenge/Fundraiser
We'll get a flyer out to advertise this ASAP! The more people who can get to participate, the better! This is our fundraiser for the season! If you know of a business that wants to sponsor prizes, please let me know! We are hoping to have the Dart Challenge registration and our fundraiser link all ready to go by the end of the week! We will have all fundraiser donations go through the high school.
Warm-Ups
If your child filled out the "warm-up" survey then I have ordered them warm-ups and they are currently being embroidered! We ordered these through the Davis Running Club, so payment will go back to the Davis Running Club. The warm-up set is $140 each. You can venmo @davisrunningclub for these.
I REALLY want every athlete competing in the fall to have a set. If this is hard for you, please let me know. I don't want anyone to be left out. If you are able to donate a little extra to sponsor other athletes who may need help, that is also welcome. Please just put "warm-up" in the Venmo comment section so I know where to allocate the money. I firmly believe in the "look good, feel good" philosophy. And Davis always looks SO GOOD!
I REALLY want every athlete competing in the fall to have a set. If this is hard for you, please let me know. I don't want anyone to be left out. If you are able to donate a little extra to sponsor other athletes who may need help, that is also welcome. Please just put "warm-up" in the Venmo comment section so I know where to allocate the money. I firmly believe in the "look good, feel good" philosophy. And Davis always looks SO GOOD!School Fees
As of right now, the school fees for cross country look to be about $220. (Plus the $140 warm-ups). This is probably the least expensive TEAM at Davis. I've had kids participate in wrestling, band, lacrosse, softball, mountain bike etc and they were all MUCH more expensive than cross country. That being said, I still want to keep cross country as inexpensive as possible. I think those fees will be added to your mydsd in about a week.
Love being your coach!
Coach Jami
Schedule
July 27th-30th - Cross Country High Altitude Camp at Marsh Lake
August 7th - Brown and Gold Game at Davis
August 15th - Dart Challenge 5K Fundraiser @ Barnes Park
September 4th - Timp Invite @ Lakeside Park in Orem
September 12th - Border Wars @ Valley Regional Park in Taylorsville
September 16th - District @ Layton City Park
September 25th - TwiKnight @ Art Dye Park in American Fork
October 12th - Region @ Layton City Park
October 24th - JV State @ Centerville
October 28th/29th - State XC @ Sugarhouse Park
November 7th - Pre-Nike 5K @ Davis High
November 19-21 - NXR @ Mesa, AZ
No comments:
Post a Comment